Fourth stage: Constanza (Romania) -> Galati (Romania), July 24, 2006
there something fundamental when traveling, all those sites will have to give them a chance, and not rush with a negative verdict before sufficiently explored. Forget this basic precept, but rectified in time. The
manhana Monday July 24 I woke up early (well, about 9) and I went for a walk in an area that had intrigued me last night, before returning to the cave in which slept (I will discuss the below). Romania is a country not particularly safe to walk alone at night by an impoverished city of a country (sadly) depleted. Not for nothing is the country of these immigrants coming shacks mounted on aoutside the major capital campaigns here and in every corner. All this must be said with caution, because the vast majority are honest people who come to our country to work very hard at jobs that do not want and would never accept wage, and everything to improve their lives: it's that simple. But as always, the minority gives a bad name.
For that, the next day pull on the street leading to a tip from the industrial port and beaches, and I found a beautiful casino early last century and a landscaped walkway from there at the beginning of the beach. Back, not far from there, there were archaeological remains (I think of a basilica) in the first centuries of our era. Also, and about where to spend the night, was the Museum Arquà eologico and History of the City, which is quite interesting, and affordable (with affordable I mean that is not tiring. There are museums like the Prado, the British Museum or the Louvre, which can be as interesting as you want, but overwhelmed by its tamanho: tired). Where
slept?
I spend all day 23 on his back with my backpack, and only at about 9 pm or so I decided to find a place to sleep. Enter a small hotel seemed tacky enough to attract my attention and ask.
- We have no rooms available until late September.
- For one person, one night, no comfort, anything?
- Umm ... where are you?
- I'm spanish. I step in Constanza and head to Tulcea to cross the border there Ukranienia. I'm circling the Black Sea (it's failed in 20 days for not inconvenienced. In these situations, the less nerd better).
- Well, maybe if it's for one night, I can get an apartment, but will cost you about 70 lei (20 euros).
- Vale.
nothing appeared in a larger Senhor, which led me to a house he had in front of it. It was an apartment, was his home (and that of his wife).
the "impression" that I caused the "apartment" was enough to forget to haggle or complain about the price.
The apartment was only part of what was a house (rather senhorial), which was divided, almost certainly, during the communist regime. Result?
You enter a communal hallway with two dogs but bully Pequenhothe impoverished and overcrowded public transport Romanian (you had to see the trams and regional trains)) and from there a bit was in another minibus to Tulcea. It seems that in Romania there are almost no buses. All I saw out of the bus were minibuses, vans of 15-18 seats.
And, as logic is all that story, the seats are very well used. Those who caught wheel (I always play wheel) virtually no place to leave your feet, left knee almost touching the chest. The journey to Tulcea
was 125 km to the minibusero made in 1 hour and 45 minutes, including 15 minutes of rest, multiple stops to drop off / pick up people, and the usual stop at the beginning of the trip (if travelers are dying of heat which is oropposite bank. Even had to catch a ferry, which took its time to leave. While, kill the time watching as two guys in a little boat, fished in a fairly original: releasing move and wide network and collecting, so again and again, on the shore, in order to catch fish.
Galati?
More of the same. I was very tired, so stopped a taxi and told the driver to take me to a cheap hotel.
The driver was a young boy, an orphan of father and mother, and worked for a companhia followed taxi (the taxi was not his). He said he slept 4-5 hours every day in order to get enough for a anho of these go to Italy to work (wanted to go this anho, but did not have enough). His concept of Ruers that I saw while waiting for the ferry. Internet, as always.
0 comments:
Post a Comment