August 4, by the manhana.
- I want a ticket to Suchumi.
- Suchumi? Nyet! ... Adler minibus ... "Granitsa" (border, in Russian)!
knew I was going to say no, that there was no bus to Suchumi, but I wanted to be sure. As the train I had it even clearer, since all the lines had as Adler final season, at the border with Georgia. Suchumi was the first major city on the route along the coast of Georgia ... I say Georgia? ... Abjazhia or should I say?
In the final stop of Adler, a village 32 km from Sochi, and full, like it not, of Russian tourists, the minibusero me a senha to indicate the direction to the border. 500 meters walk y. ..
- Passport? ... oh! a ingles!
The officer spoke only Russian. It carries the passport offices and border police, after a while, comes a boy of about 30 anhos or less, in plain clothes who said to belong to the security department of the Russian border. He spoke some English.
- Abjazhia want to go?
- I really want to go all the coast of Georgia. I'm circling the Black Sea ... (Unfold my huge map, to explain better, attracting the curiosity of others passing cops and curious). Abjazhia is a region of Georgia, right?
- Well ... region, region ...
the early 90's the Soviet Union imploded. Was Abjazhia northwestern region of the Socialist Soviet Republic of Georgia.re abjazhios and Georgians. At first, the Georgians take control of the region, but then abjazhios, with the invaluable help of the Russians, are made throughout the region. From there begins a process of ethnic cleansing, with mass killings and expulsions of Georgians. Today, there are only Georgian communities in the southeastern province of Gaul.
Abjazhia's government is a corrupt government, not recognized by any country (even Russia), but the government of a de facto independent country. The armed conflict is still alive in some parts of the northern region, but not on the coast, so it seems. (For more information:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abjazia
)
(or is aboutor you can re-enter ... "Game over!" (Exact words). - And you can not cross the bridge (30 meters) and abjazhia police ask if they would go to a spanish citizen? "Not really. It is not our job.
The Russians, on all sides, proved to be a professional. Stick to their work, and only his work. It was a shame because you know that I accept abjazhias authorities, and would have risked crossing the border. Or, if I had a Russian visa for 2 or more tickets ... Back
sad
Sochi. What now? No longer see the ground full circle to the Black Sea ... but ... if there is a boat to the "Georgian area" of Georgia, you can still say that I turned the Black Sea, but one area Pequenho g. In any case, I was good, because so I could leave my money, passport and camera in the hotel safe, and can thus meet one of the suenhos, still pending, my life: going to a water park!
was not at all a wonder of waterpark, but I pass the bomb! I was there 3 hours, until I decided to climb the last "pull" that I had ...
was a straight slide, very, very steep, and metal surface, very smooth and polished, with a thin layer of water to slide better. You had to wait your turn, and climb to a kind of sleigh-shaped car. The thing is, to get down and make contact with the water of the pool, to an "aqua-planning" until it brokeThe last night of the 6, I went to the train station, at about 10, and two Russian girls, one of which spoke very good English, I was offered the chance to spend the night in a bed on a balcony ... On a balcony ...
sounded good, and the price seemed reasonable (400 rubles). After some business we went by taxi to the apartment with balcony: the Russian who spoke English, Russian sister did not speak English (or dad, although he tried), the boyfriend of the latter, a Serb, who worked in albanhil construction of a huge building next to the promenade, and the nerd who writes.
The bed on the balcony was a minimum bed, drop down, as minimal as the balcony, which was nothing more than the terrace from the kitchen of one more of those apartments snts that the Communists had the shamelessness to build.
shared an apartment with a Russian couple of students who occupied a room, and two Georgian refugees or immigrants, who (coincidence?) Would travel to Georgia in my same boat.
After "settle down", the Russian and Serbian invited me to go to dinner, and not only went to dinner, but also went running with them. A good bounce from Russia!
(btw: you know that in Russia the vast majority of the dancers in the clubs are women. I could not believe my eyes: If you had 20 people on the dance floor, 18 were women! "This is a paradise! "- was telling Lana, the Russian who spoke English - and he laughed .... In fact it was she who appointed him c
0 comments:
Post a Comment