Sunday, August 6, 2006

Milena Velba Exercise

All these days were very intense, with long hours of bus, one after another, so I had no time or desire to write. So break the script and try to summarize, in batches, the last five stages: the 7th stage

: Odessa (Ukraine) -> Balaclava / Sevastopol (Ukraine), 27, 28, 29 and July 30, 2006
the 8th stage: Balaclava / Sevastopol (Ukraine) -> Kerch (Ukraine), 30 and July 31
the 9th stage: Kerch (Ukraine) -> Anapa (Russia), 1 and 2 August
10th stage: Anapa (Russia ) -> Sochi (Russia), August 3
11th stage: Sochi (Russia) -> Border Russia / Georgia -> Sochi (Russia)

the 7th stage: Odessa (Ukraine) -> Balaclava / Sebastopol ( Ukraine), 27, 28, 29 and July 30io 2006

The May 27, 1794, the Russian tsars Caterina ordered the fortification and construction of a port in the Bay of Khadsibey. Anho Only later, in 1795, and had a new city under construction. The city was named Odessa.
Odessa
development has much in common with that of St. Petersburg. If the latter was conceived as North Venice, the czars wanted Odessa out the window to Europe. And as St. Petersburg, Odessa was built in an uninhabited area, away from population centers.

While the window to Europe can be a bit exaggerated, it may well be considered a window to Europe, so I have seen so far, the most esplendor and majestic window on Europe from the Black Sea.

Arrive at 6 manhana Thursday July 27 at the inhospitable (at least at that time) Odessa bus station. Caught a taxi for about 3 times the actual price (just wanted to take me out of there already) to a youth hostel in the heart of the city. Sleep, although they were only 3 hours.

Hostel Odessa (Black Sea Backpackers - 12 Deribasovskaya) is the only city, and it was there where I saw the last foreigners ("alien" excludes Ukrainians, Russians and Caucasians) so far (so, therefore, 8 days already). It was Thursday, and around 10 I woke up, I had to see what the Russian visa. If I tell you the truth, there was not a 5% chancedes to get it before the weekend, but had to try. Ilsa was

Latvian (the first person I know of that Baltic country, Soviet Socialist Republic, and now part of European Union ). He spoke Russian, English y. .. espanhol!, as was recently in Espanha for 3 months. As it has many opportunities to practice the spanish, I was delighted to talk to me, which makes inter alia, to call the Russian consulate to inquire about schedules, visas, etc.

- Hmmm ... Today is Thursday, and only open Monday through Wednesday and Friday. So we have to wait manhana ...

I said 5%? Now did not give even a 1% per visa.

Spend the day around the city. And which cityres luxurious, but with the most affordable prices: 4-5 EUR plate.

The next day, Friday, July 28th, I woke up early. The consulate opened at 9 manhana, and would not be late, because the Russian embassies have a terrible reputation, fame, and I saw that the consulate in Istanbul with, and confirm again in Odessa.
I go into the consulate and I find a yard full of penha, many sitting in the sun, others senhoras more, crowding in the doorway, one arm across the threshold of the same, so no one slinks. And all the while arguing, in Russian, God knows.

And I, gullible, only overseas, not knowing which system is used there. After half hour, I began to suspect that the system could

0 comments:

Post a Comment